On Sunday, May 26th, the fourth day of the 39th Chicago Open Backgammon Tournament, Giants #2 Michihito “Michy” Kageyama presented the newest version of our “Backgammon Proficiency Test”. He also offered a comprehensive review to its participants on the following day.
We have held the proficiency test in Chicago for six years consecutively since 2014. The previous articles are here:
- 8th Proficiency Test – Round 2 @ 38th Chicago Open
- 7th Proficiency Test – Round 2 @ 37th Chicago Open
- 6th Proficiency Test – Round 3 @ 36th Chicago Open
- 5th Backgammon Proficiency Test – Round 2 @ 35th Chicago Open
- The 4th Backgammon Proficiency Test in 34th Chicago Open
The number of participants of this year was 35, and more than half are repeat participants.
As the result, Gerry Tansey is on top with 38 correct answers (out of 50), followed by Chuck Bower.
All of their scores are as below:
|Rank||Total score||Total errors||Name|
|15||22||3637||John Craig Anderson|
|15||22||4057||D. J. J.|
|Total 35||Ave. 22.1||Ave. 4057|
You can see the overall results of the 9th test as of now here.
Thank you for joining us! 🙂